Re: MathLink and Integration of Schroedinger Equation

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: MathLink and Integration of Schroedinger Equation
  • From: p617hfa at sun24.mpifr-bonn.mpg.de (Heino Falcke)
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 93 09:38:07 +0100

> From mathgroup-adm at yoda.physics.unc.edu Tue Feb 23 01:53:20 1993
> Date: Sat, 20 Feb 93 21:45:04 -0600
> From: gmk at pegasos.ccsr.uiuc.edu (Gottfried Mayer-Kress)
> To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
> Subject: MathLink and Integration of Schroedinger Equation
>
> We want to use mathlink to integrate the one-dimensional
> time-dependent Schroedinger equation with arbitrary potential.
> We think about using the numerical recipe algorithm (pg 851 of the
> most recent edition). Has anybody implemented that or can recommend
>
> some other package?

I can highy recommend to use the InterCall package by T.D. Robb (Mail
to analytic at earwax.pd.uwa.oz.au) it makes combining Fortran (or other
external) programs and  Mathematica very easy.  I use it very often
because I only have to write the numerical part (functions/integration
routines) in Fortran and do not have to bother about In/Output or
Graphics because I do this via Mathematica. Moreover it is very easy to
check the behaviour of my routines (debugging), because I can
interactively investigate the variables, plot this vs. that or check
the results against Mathematica results and so on...  To make this a
little bit more easy I could give you a m4 prepocessor script that I
wrote for myself making this task a bit more easy (saves a lot of
typing - and makes it possible to access all common-block variables)

Heino

 ___      ___   _____   ___   _____  |Heino Falcke
/__/\    /__/| /____/\ /__/| /____/\ |Max-Planck-Institut f. Radioastronomie
|  \ \  /|  || |  o \/ |  || |  o \/ |Auf dem Huegel 69
|  |\ \//|  || |  __/  |  ||f|  __/  |D-W5300 Bonn, Germany
|  ||\_/ |  || |  ||   |  || |  |\ \ |E-mail: HFALCKE at mpifr-bonn.mpg.de