color gradients

  • Subject: color gradients
  • From: msdrl!nachbar at uunet.uu.net (Dr. Robert B. Nachbar)
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 93 8:36:53 EDT

well, after i sent that cry for help yesterday, i dickered around some
more with the options to ContourPlot. it turns out that the thing to do
is to use the ColorFunction option:

In[1]:= reverseGrayLevel[x_]:=GrayLevel[1-x] ;

In[2]:= ContourPlot[(1-Sin[x])(2-Cos[2 y]), {x,-2,2},{y,-2,2},
      ColorFunction->reverseGrayLevel] ;

which does the trick! in fact, i was so captivated by my success that i
put together the following package to make using color gradients easy: