Re: Mathematica -> LaTeX

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Mathematica -> LaTeX
  • From: William M. MacDonald <mcdonald at fafner.umd.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 93 09:55:12 -0500

Please note that the question was how to incorporate Notebooks into
LaTex, not TeX.  TeX is to LaTeX as assembler is to, say FORTRAN
(Ugh!), Pascal, or C.  Very many physicists are writing papers in
LaTeX these days, NOT TeX.  The Physical Review and some British
journals accept manuscripts prepared in LaTeX now, and even provide
some additional macros and style changes to standard LaTeX to give
papers the style these journals want.  I believe that the APS is
moving, or has moved, to accepting articles for other journals in
LaTeX, not TeX.

Now it is true that there are some people who believe that "real men
do not write LaTeX" but there are many of us who do not want to know
all the nuts and bolts of TeX. I personally find the nb2tex useful
but in a limited way since I do not want to explore the intricacies
of TeX to modify some aspects of the way the documents are set that I
do not like.

So, the question is again ---   how do I convert Mathematica
Notebooks to LaTeX ?