Publication quality graphics

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: Publication quality graphics
  • From: miner at (Buff Miner)
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1993 11:21:02 -0500

I'm having trouble creating publication quality graphics in Mathematica. If
I make the font large enough, the axes numbers run into the axes labels and
I don't see any way to offset the axis labels to avoid this. When I try to
combine a plot with a Text graphic, I lose all the axes and the numbers.
For example the original graphic RDHDensity was a surface plot with axis
labels, tick marks and numerical values. When I try to combine this with
the text graphic I get two plots instead of one. The original and a second
which contains only the surface and the text.

Any suggestions?

Buff Miner

William H. Miner, Jr.
Fusion Research Center and
Institute for Fusion Studies
The University of Texas at Austin   phone: (512) 471-5548
Austin, Texas 78712                   FAX: (512) 471-6715
miner at Internet
miner at utxvms              bitnet