Help: how to disp. 3-D vectors

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: Help: how to disp. 3-D vectors
  • From: laczik at
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1993 22:24:59 +0100

I am stuck with the following problem:

I am trying to display three data sets, a 3-D vector (v) and
two scalars (a and b), all three given for a set of points in
3-D space. My data looks something like:

data = { {{x0,y0,z0}, {vx0,vy0,vz0}, a0, b0},
         {{x1,y1,z1}, {vx1,vy1,vz1}, a1, b1},
         {{xi,yi,zi}, {vxi,vyi,vzi}, ai, bi},
         ... }
I would like to have a 3-D display with an arrow at each point
{xi, yi, zi}, the arrow being parallel with vi and its length
and colour representing the values of ai and bi respectively.
I have tried using ListPlotVectorField3D which almost does the
job, but not quite. Am I missing something, or perhaps just asking
for too much?

Any help would be much appreciated...