Read error in Mathematica Win 2.0

  • To: MathGroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Read error in Mathematica Win 2.0
  • From: augustine-lo at cuhk.hk (Augustine Lo)
  • Date: Sun, 3 Apr 1994 10:32:52 +0800

Here is a question of one of our Mathematica users on Win 2.0:

I tried to read in a data file which contained 2 real numbers on each line
in Mathematica for win 2.0.  Below is my syntax:

        ReadList["c:\file.m", {Real, Real}];

However, Mathematica always complains on syntax error reading in real
number.  Also the system crash frequently after evaluating the above
expressio.  The message is :

        General Application Error
        KRNL386.EXE at 0001:1BB0
                                        (simplifed)

More seriously the system hang and warm is not functioning.

Can anyone solve the above problems for me?

Thanks a lot.

Augustine Y. Lo                      | Internet: augustine-lo at cuhk.hk
Computer Services Centre             | Bitnet  : a138700 at cucsc.bitnet
The Chinese University of Hong kong  | Phone   : (852) 609-8837
Shatin, HONG KONG                    | Fax     : (852) 603-5001