new Gnu Emacs mode package (math.el)

  • To: MathGroup at
  • Subject: new Gnu Emacs mode package (math.el)
  • From: jacobson at
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 94 09:57:38 -0700

A new version of math.el, a mode package for running Mathematica under
Gnu Emacs is now available.  I am very grateful to Martin Boyer,
<mboyer at>, for having provided code that tracks
the state of the mathematica process and displays it in the "mode
line".  This new version is available by anonymous ftp from  It is in the file
pub/gnu/emacs/elisp-archive/modes/math.el.Z.  I have been using it
myself for about a month without trouble.  I hope it works ok on other
platforms.  (Lucid emacs users, please let me know if it works for

I encourge other archive maintainers to acquire a copy.

  -- David Jacobson