WYSIWYG text editor for Mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg344] WYSIWYG text editor for Mathematica?
  • From: berriz at diamond.harvard.edu (Gabriel Berriz)
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 1994 23:24:01 -0500

Hi.  I'm in the process of choosing a WYSIWYG mathematical text editor
from among a few possible candidates, but I've heard through the
grapevine that WRI is planning to release a WYSIWYG mathematical text
editor, possibly as an adjunct to the next version of Mathematica, and
I'm trying to decide whether to wait for the release of this product
before making my final commitment to a particular software.

Is my information correct regarding this future WRI package?  Is there
a demo disk already available?  Second best, is there documentation
already available on planned features and release dates of this
product?

I've scoured MathSource for answers to these questions, but I've come
up dry.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Gabriel Berriz