Special Input Forms

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: Special Input Forms
  • From: wasfy at (Michael Wasfy Nicolas Ibrahim)
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 94 14:56:49 CST

Does anyone know how to make shorthand input forms in Mathematica?
For instance one can use:

  func /@ list

rather than:

I've messed around with the "InputForm" command with no success.  I
would also prefer to not use the extra tilde's required by the
"Infix" command.  My problem is further complicated because I would
like to use, if possible, a combination of symbols that are
individually defined (Mathematica reads the combination of the 3 as
non-sensical).  Specifically, I would like an expression like the

  2 +/- 3

to evaluate to

Thanks for the help

Michael Ibrahim