Adaptive Simulated Annealing (ASA)

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Adaptive Simulated Annealing (ASA)
  • From: "PATHOLOGY & LAB. MEDICINE" <pathology at a1.mscf.upenn.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 94 04:38:01 -0500

Has anyone adapted the Adaptive Simulated Annealing code from Lester
Ingber into a Mathematica package?  I am trying to do parameter fitting of
a rather complicated model (28 parameters) and would like to try the ASA
method.  I presently am working with the nonlinear fitting package from
Mathematica.  Has anyone produced packages for parameter fitting using
simulated annealing (SA) methods of any kind?  I found some references to
SA in the MathSource files, but the applications were not for parameter
fitting.  Thanks for any help.

Gregg Wells
Department of Pathology
University of Pennsylvania