re: Re: Global styles definitions

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: re: Re: Global styles definitions
  • From: Paul=Rubin%Management%Business at banyan.cl.msu.edu
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 94 10:42:54 EDT

Richard Mercer <richard at rmercer.wright.edu>, quoting YHS, wrote:
>>  There's also a way to apply the defaults to existing
>>  notebooks, but be warned that it will change *all* styles
>>  in the target notebook, not just the one(s) you altered,
>>  to their default values.

>Please provide details on how to do this in Windows. I am used to Macs and
>NeXTs where it is no problem, but struggled mightily and could not do it in
>the Windows version.

>Richard Mercer                             513-873-2191 office
>Department of Mathematics and Statistics   513-873-2785 message
>Wright State University                    513-873-3301 fax
>Dayton, OH 45435                           NeXTmail welcome!
>richard at rmercer.wright.edu        or       rmercer at desire.wright.edu

Depends on which Windows version you're running.  In version 2.2.2 (the
latest shipping upgrade, I believe), under the (S)tyles menu, there is an
option (A)ll Default Styles that does it.  If you're running an earlier
version and don't have this, there is still a way, but I've forgotten the
precise details.  I *think* what you do is go to the (S)tyles menu, select
Edit (N)otebook Styles to get into the style sheet for that notebook, and
then delete everything and either inhale the default style notebook or paste
in its contents (which would imply having copied them to the clipboard first,
using the option in the same menu to open the default notebook).  Apparently,
as of version 2.2.2 (or was it 2.2?), Mma has stopped treating the style
sheets as pseudo-notebooks and gone to a more direct way of accessing them.

* Paul A. Rubin                                  Phone: (517) 336-3509   *
* Department of Management                       Fax:   (517) 336-1111   *
* Eli Broad Graduate School of Management        Net:   RUBIN at MSU.EDU    *
* Michigan State University                                              *
* East Lansing, MI  48824-1122  (USA)                                    *
Mathematicians are like Frenchmen:  whenever you say something to them,
they translate it into their own language, and at once it is something
entirely different.                                    J. W. v. GOETHE