Problem with a list member?

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Problem with a list member?
  • From: Paul=Rubin%Management%Business at banyan.cl.msu.edu
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 94 11:03:07 EDT

You've doubtless heard about this already (or experienced it yourself), but
everything I send to the MathGroup list comes bouncing back (multiple times)
from a mail server in Japan marked undeliverable.  After weeks of "still in
the mailbox, we'll trash it someday" messages, I finally got some
confirmations of actual message deletions, which _named the addressee_
(andoh at asr.co.jp).  I'm attaching one such message.  You might want to
confirm this person's membership on the list, since his/her mail does not
seem to be getting through.

At least I get my mail over Internet through my university.  If anyone is
paying for connect time to download messages (and sending stuff themselves),
I'll bet they're grinding their teeth by now.

Paul Rubin

* Paul A. Rubin                                  Phone: (517) 336-3509   *
* Department of Management                       Fax:   (517) 336-1111   *
* Eli Broad Graduate School of Management        Net:   RUBIN at MSU.EDU    *
* Michigan State University                                              *
* East Lansing, MI  48824-1122  (USA)                                    *
Mathematicians are like Frenchmen:  whenever you say something to them,
they translate it into their own language, and at once it is something
entirely different.                                    J. W. v. GOETHE