Statistical Analysis of Data through Mma Functions:

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg721] Statistical Analysis of Data through Mma Functions:
  • From: jbeale1 at umbc.edu (Jay Beale)
  • Date: 11 Apr 1995 14:31:22 -0400

I have a weekly project where I compute a set of 2D data points (x,y).  I then
find the slope and intercept of the Least Squares Best Fit line and plot this
line.

Mma easily finds the line using the Fit command and plots the whole thing as
well.  My problem is that I cannot find the error in the slope and intercept
and so I am still left to compute this on my own...

Is there a command or option on the Fit command that will do this?

-Jay Beale
 Student