Re: Statistical Analysis of Data through Mma Functions:

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg757] Re: Statistical Analysis of Data through Mma Functions:
  • From: wagner at bullwinkle.cs.Colorado.EDU (Dave Wagner)
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 1995 00:47:58 -0400

In article <3mfa43$l4o at news0.cybernetics.net>,
Jay Beale <jbeale1 at umbc.edu> wrote:

>Mma easily finds the line using the Fit command and plots the whole thing as
>well.  My problem is that I cannot find the error in the slope and intercept
>and so I am still left to compute this on my own...
>
>Is there a command or option on the Fit command that will do this?
>
>-Jay Beale
> Student
  ^^^^^^^ judging from this, I suspect you have the student version
of Mma., which doesn't come with the "Guide to Standard Packages."
Order one from WRI, it'll be the best $10 you ever spent.  The function
you want is Regress in the Statistics`LinearRegression` package.

		Dave Wagner
		Principia Consulting
		(303) 786-8371
		princon at csn.net