Running Mathematica in Windows 95

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg777] Running Mathematica in Windows 95
  • From: psavage at vt.edu (Patrick Savage)
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 1995 01:10:19 -0400

I am having problems running Mathematica under Windows 95 (final beta ver.
4.00.345).  I realize this OS is unsupported but if anyone can help...

When I try to load the kernel from the Enhanced front end, the kernel
loads but it never executes any commands.  The front end does say
"Connection established to kernel" (or something like that).

Also if I load the kernel without the front end, it works fine so it seems
it's having problems linking the front end to the kernel.

Ideas?

Pat