Mathematica speech interface for blind user?
- To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
- Subject: [mg833] Mathematica speech interface for blind user?
- From: max at gac.edu (Max Hailperin)
- Date: Tue, 25 Apr 1995 02:14:19 -0400
- Organization: Gustavus Adolphus College, St. Peter, MN
Does anyone have any experience using Mathematica with a text-to-speech program to provide access to a blind user? It seems that just using the "terminal" interface of mathematica with a generic text-to-speech program would likely give pretty mediocre results -- something more like Dr. Raman's "Aster" program for mathematical speech would be more promising. Hower, at this point I'll gladly take any pointers I can get on speech output from Mathematica, crude or otherwise -- as a blind student has registered for a calculus class that uses Mathematica, I'll take what I can get. Many thanks. -Max Hailperin Department of Mathematics and Computer Science Gustavus Adolphus College St. Peter, MN 56082