Re: Math -> Frame (MIF)?

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg831] Re: Math -> Frame (MIF)?
  • From: wagner at bullwinkle.cs.Colorado.EDU (Dave Wagner)
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 1995 02:12:17 -0400

In article <3n1rf2$avv at news0.cybernetics.net>,
J Eric Bracken <bracken at kevily.ECE.CMU.EDU> wrote:

>Does anyone know of a package for Mathematica that can output
>expressions as native FrameMaker MIF files?

I've done some work along these lines.  I wrote a C program to
translate notebook files to MIF, turning each cell into a paragraph
with the cell's style becoming the paragraph tag.  I started to
write a Mathematica function to convert Mathematica expressions to
MIF equations, but never finished it before I got busy with
other stuff.  It wasn't too hard, since the structures of the two
are very similar.  I got it to the proof-of-concept stage, but there
are just so many built-in functions in Mathematica that I didn't
want to put in the time to make it "production quality."

Is there much usage of FrameMaker by the Mathematica community?
If there is I will resume work on this one of these days.

		Dave Wagner
		Principia Consulting
		(303) 786-8371
		princon at csn.net