Re: help w/ SphericalPlot3D

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg846] Re: help w/ SphericalPlot3D
  • From: ianc (Ian Collier)
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 1995 00:13:16 -0400

In article <3n4mav$pe6 at news0.cybernetics.net>, damion at wam.umd.edu (Damion
Thomas Searls) wrote:

> I'm trying to make a spherical plot but w/ no edges drawn on the polygons
> (I'm looking for a similar effect to the one from making surface plots w/
> Mesh -> False) I've tride giving the directive EdgeForm[Thickness[0]] to
> the list of polygons but that only gives me the default thickness.  Is there
> something simple I'm missing?
> Thanks
> Damion
> damion at wam.umd.edu

You can use Insert to place the appropriate EdgeForm directive
in the Graphics3D object. To get no liones at all you want to
insert EdgeForm[] at position {1,1}.

In[8]:=
    Needs[ "Graphics`ParametricPlot3D`"]

In[10]:=
    gr = SphericalPlot3D[ 2, {theta, 0, Pi}, {phi, 0, 2 Pi}]

Out[10]=
    -Graphics3D-

In[15]:=
    Show[ Insert[ gr, EdgeForm[],  {1,1}]]