Simplification of Min and Max expressions?
- To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
- Subject: [mg1809] Simplification of Min and Max expressions?
- From: ernesto at crhc.uiuc.edu (Ernesto Su)
- Date: Mon, 31 Jul 1995 23:08:57 -0400
- Organization: Center for Reliable and High-Performance Computing, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Is there a Mathematica package that includes functions that simplify Min and Max expressions? For example, Min[ Max[a,2b], Max[a,2b+1] ] = Max[a,2b] I can limit the arguments to straight lines (eg, linear expressions like "5" or "a" or "2b+1") or Min/Max of them (eg, Max[a,2b+1]). I was about to write one but thought I should ask first. Please email. Thank you! -Ernesto ernesto at crhc.uiuc.edu