[Q] weighted regression with Regress

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg1834] [Q] weighted regression with Regress
  • From: kliche at (Udo Kliche)
  • Date: Thu, 3 Aug 1995 23:54:04 -0400

i'm sorry if my question is a very simple one, but in my view the technical

report to the Mathematica packages is ambiguous here.

How do i specify the weights for a weighted regression ?

To be more precise:

If fi is a function to describe the variances in terms of their expectations,

must i specify the weights wi as wi = fi or wi= 1/fi ??

Thanks for any feedback,

 ( o o )  8   Udo Kliche     kliche at      |
     /`   |    Greetings to all friends of WAVE- and GOTHIC Music       |
     \_   8  Al Bundy said: "Hey Peg. We gonna make us a common Xmas-   |
 '95   `^`|          prasent. I buy a colt and you obtain the bullet !  |

Another Al quote: " The woman entering the shoe-shop was so fat that three
		    smaller women encircled her in an orbit "