Starting a remote kernel

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg1855] Starting a remote kernel
  • From: a_kowald at chemie.fu-berlin.de (Axel Kowald)
  • Date: Mon, 7 Aug 1995 20:27:48 -0400

Hello

We have some Macs and Unix machines and I try to run the Mathematica (2.2)front
end on the Mac and the kernel remotely on the SGI machines. When I create a new
kernel connection on the mac it needs some "connection tools" in the extensions
folder. It seems that I only have a "modem tool" and a "serial tool" which don't
seem suitable for an ethernet connection :-(

Please, who knows what other connection tool I need, and from where I can get it.

Many thanks in advance

		Axel Kowald