Mathematica for Linux

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg1873] Mathematica for Linux
  • From: davids at (David C. Snyder)
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 1995 22:40:15 -0400

I just read that Mathematica is available from Wolfram Research, Inc.
for the Linux platform.  I'm thinking about buying it for my wife who's
working on her PhD. in Structural Engineering.  She tried MathCAD, but
it just couldn't handle what she needed to do.

I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has tried the Linux version.
Also, how is the technical support from Wolfram?  Do they charge a
great deal for product upgrades, etc.  Please reply to
dsnyder at  Thanks.

-- David
   dsnyder at