Mathematica for Linux

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg1873] Mathematica for Linux
  • From: davids at I980.ssi.stratus.com (David C. Snyder)
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 1995 22:40:15 -0400

Hello,

I just read that Mathematica is available from Wolfram Research, Inc.
for the Linux platform.  I'm thinking about buying it for my wife who's
working on her PhD. in Structural Engineering.  She tried MathCAD, but
it just couldn't handle what she needed to do.

I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has tried the Linux version.
Also, how is the technical support from Wolfram?  Do they charge a
great deal for product upgrades, etc.  Please reply to
dsnyder at mindspring.com.  Thanks.

-- David
   dsnyder at mindspring.com