Re: 3-D graphics to GIF

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg2687] Re: 3-D graphics to GIF
  • From: ianc (Ian Collier)
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 01:57:29 -0500

In article <4a0ru2$ce1 at dragonfly.wri.com>, Ed Hall
<teh1m at fulton.seas.virginia.edu> wrote:

> Hey Folks,
>
> Can anyone tell me the procedure for saving a Mathematica 3-D graphic
> to a GIF format? Is it necessary to save it in some intermediate format
> and then convert it to GIF using something like xv?
>
> Thanks,
> Ed Hall

There is, currently, no way of saving graphics to GIF files
from within Mathematica.

You would need to save them to an intermediate format and
use a seperate converter to create the GIF file.

The next major releaase of Mathematica will be able to write
Mathematica graphics directly to GIF files.

I hope this helps.

--Ian

Ian Collier
Technical Sales Support