Re: 3-D graphics to GIF

  • Subject: [mg2687] Re: 3-D graphics to GIF
  • From: ianc (Ian Collier)
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 01:57:29 -0500
  • Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup

In article <4a0ru2$ce1 at>, Ed Hall
<teh1m at> wrote:

> Hey Folks,
> Can anyone tell me the procedure for saving a Mathematica 3-D graphic
> to a GIF format? Is it necessary to save it in some intermediate format
> and then convert it to GIF using something like xv?
> Thanks,
> Ed Hall

There is, currently, no way of saving graphics to GIF files
from within Mathematica.

You would need to save them to an intermediate format and
use a seperate converter to create the GIF file.

The next major releaase of Mathematica will be able to write
Mathematica graphics directly to GIF files.

I hope this helps.

Ian Collier
Technical Sales Support
Wolfram Research, Inc.
tel:(217)-398-0700     fax:(217)-398-0747      ianc at
Wolfram Research Home Page: