Re: your mail

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg2736] Re: your mail
  • From: Ian Collier <ianc>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 1995 19:16:13 -0500

Tim Mooney wrote:
> )I tried Mathematica on an UltraSparc, the results were very good.
> )They were somewhat better than PowerMac 9500.
>
> If they are only `somewhat better' than a machine with a 32 bit partially
> emulated operating system, then the Ultra Sparc isn't as good as I thought...
> :-)

Tim,

Since the Mathematica kernel is pretty much identical
on all platforms it makes almost no toolbox calls at
all (and then only for file I/O). The performance, or
lack of it, of the MacOS on Power Macs makes almost no
difference to the performance of the Mathematica
kernel on Power Macintoshes.

--Ian

Ian Collier
Technical Sales Support