Re: math notebook on sgi doesn't work ???

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg2788] Re: math notebook on sgi doesn't work ???
  • From: dhart at appollonius.ucs.indiana.edu (Dave Hart)
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 1995 02:06:53 -0500

In article <4a8qfj$5l3 at dragonfly.wri.com>, rojnucka at cae.wisc.edu (Atipat Rojnuckarin) writes:
|> Hi,
|> 	We have mathematica installed on our SGI, and the regular math
|> session runs fine. Then when I tried the math notebook (via mathematica
|> commands), the kernel refused to work, complaining about losing its
|> connection to license server. Our license server is installed somewhere
|> else (on another machine).

We had a similar problem [I think], talked to WRI Tech Support at
length.  Try opening mathematica, then the .ma file.  Always
deleting the .mb files might be a good idea...

David Hart    <http://www.indiana.edu/~statmath/>
Center for Statistical and Mathematical Computing
Indiana University          Bloomington, IN 47405