Mmka speed under Win95
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg2781] Mmka speed under Win95
- From: "Maxim S. Popov" <maxim at rainbow.uchicago.edu>
- Date: Sun, 17 Dec 1995 02:05:40 -0500
- Organization: University of Chicago
I am using Mathematica for students v. 2.2.4 under Windows 95, and I ran a few timing checks recently. I noticed that if I run a calculation in kernel window (without starting frontend) it runs aprroximately twice as fast than in a notebook. Besides that, if a run a lengthy calculation in a notebook, I cannot stop it by any means (I tried the button on the toolbar, the menu command and the keyboard shortcut). Does anyone know whether I can do something about it? Or, maybe, someone knows when the new version of frontend (for windows95) will be released? Thank you, Max.