Generating Noise in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg2780] Generating Noise in Mathematica
  • From: Wilson Flip Figueroa <wflip at scratchy.mosquito.com>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 1995 02:05:29 -0500

Has anyone ever generated white, pink, and black noise using
Mathematica?  White noise can be generated from a Guassian
Distribution, but do other ways exist.  Also, does anyone know how
to generate pink or black noise.  Random number generators are also
of particular interest (I am quite familiar with the power of
Random[], but want to write my own RNG).

Also, has anyone done any examples of stochastic processes using
Mathematica.  I am especially interested in applied examples
in math and electrical engineering (other scieces also okay).

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Wilson "Flip"