Re: Mathlink & Macintosh & CodeWarrior

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg2843] Re: Mathlink & Macintosh & CodeWarrior
  • From: ianc (Ian Collier)
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 1995 03:20:30 -0500

In article <4b853s$app at>, rmarimon at
(Ricardo Marimon) wrote:

> Is there a way to develop mathlink applications using the CodeWarrior
> compiler for the macintosh?  In the MathLink developer's disk there is
> only support for Symantec and MPW.  Also even If I use any of these two,
> is there a way of creating PPC native code, I think that the libraries in
> the MathLink disks are rather old and must have 68K code.
> Any suggestions?
> - Ricardo Marimon
>   rmarimon at

Yes, it is possible to develop MathLink applications on
the Macintosh using CodeWarrior.

If you are developing 68k programs you will need a patch that
you can get from Wolfram Research Technical Support
(support at

For the Power Macintosh the MathLink libraries are implemented
as a dynamically linked library so the MathLink Developers
Kit does not include any native versions of the MathLink

I hope this helps.

Ian Collier
Technical Sales Support
Wolfram Research, Inc.
tel:(217) 398-0700     fax:(217) 398-0747      ianc at
Wolfram Research Home Page: