Re: Programming

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg2849] Re: [mg2819] Programming
  • From: wagner at bullwinkle.cs.Colorado.EDU (Dave Wagner)
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 1995 00:47:53 -0500

In article <4bg391$ob8 at dragonfly.wri.com>,
Richard Mercer  <richard at seuss.math.wright.edu> wrote:
>Jack,
>
>The first step is to create a command that checks for error messages
>and undesirable outcomes. I'll call it IntegrateG.
>
>IntegrateG[items__]:=
>  Module[{res},
(stuff deleted)
>  ];
>
>This will work fine. But suppose you want it to automatically replace
>Integrate? Here's how:
>
>$Pre = (# /. Integrate->IntegrateG)&;

Ah, this is a great idea.  I believe this will solve the problem of
nested calls, won't it?  Robby?

By the way, Jason Harris wrote a package that makes it easy to introduce
substitutions that use $Pre.  It's called aliases.m and I think it's
available from MathSource.

		Dave Wagner
		Principia Consulting
		(303) 786-8371