Re: X-FrontEnd crashes upon certain keystrokes

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg2625] Re: X-FrontEnd crashes upon certain keystrokes
  • From: ianc (Ian Collier)
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 20:59:41 -0500

In article <49dp7c$8a6 at dragonfly.wri.com>, Gerhard Braunshausen
<braunshausen at embl-heidelberg.de> wrote:

> I am running Mathematica on a Sun Sparcstation 10 with Solaris 2.4
> and we are having a distributed license.
>
> When  I accentally hit "Shift Enter" for 'evaluate cell' with the
> cursor not inside the cell to be evaluated, Mathematica disappears without
> notice and without saving the current status in a dump-file.
>
> The same happens when trying to use the pulldown menu item "merge cells"
> when having two cells selected.
>
> Has anyone experienced a similar behaviour, or does anyone know of a fix.
> Is it possible that we are using the wrong key mapping files?
>
> thanks for any hints

You should make sure that you have the most recent version of
the X Front End for Sun SPARC (2.2.3.1). You can identify this
version by looking at the X Environment Information on the Help
menu. It should include a build date in December 1994.

If you need any further help with this I suggest that you
contact Wolfram Research Technical Support (support-europe at wri.com)
directly.

I hope this helps.

--Ian