MathLink

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg2540] MathLink
  • From: foerster at bortibm1.in2p3.fr (Dietrich Foerster)
  • Date: Sun, 3 Dec 1995 02:52:50 -0500

we cannot get Mathlink to work, and have no answer from the technical support.

I enclose the letter we wrote to them. I think we need contacts with some
one who was able to get it to work on a PC under windows.

Thank you very much in advance,

yours sincerely, Dietrich Foerster.

Below is the letter I wrote to technical support

Dear Mr. Boon,

thank you for your message concerning user groups.

We have tried to follow the instructions of the release notes to install the
addto example, but it does not work.

There is a message from the linker that mlink16.lib is not found. We do not
have implib.exe in our computer, so we cannot create this library as
described in the manual.

Anyway, we would prefer to use directly mlink32.lib, but we do not have any
example for that.

Could you kindly provide us with a simple example that works on a PC with
windows 3.11 and using the Borland compiler.

Yours sincerely,

S. Meshkov D. Foerster

Dietrich Foerster