Re: TeX output format

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg2621] Re: TeX output format
  • From: ianc (Ian Collier)
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 20:58:59 -0500

In article <49doc8$8a6 at dragonfly.wri.com>, tesi at santini.ing.uniroma1.it wrote:

> I have a problem, I need to insert a Mathematica
> generated graphic inside a TeX document. I tried to
> produce a suitable output with the command:
> TeXForm[ Show[ -Graphics- ] ] >> filename.tex
> but during the compilation of this file (filename.tex,
> where the graphic output should be) the LaTeX program
> produces several errors and the compilation stops.
> Is it a bug of my Mathematica version or is the procede I used wrong?
> this is my E-MAIL address:
> tesi at dottaero.ing.uniroma1.it
>
> Thanks for the help
>
>                             Cristiano Battisti

TeXForm is intended for formatting Mathematica expressions
as TeX fragments. To export Mathematica graphics for inclusion
in TeX documents you should not use TeXForm. Instead export
the graphic as an encapsulated PostScript (eps) file and
include it as you would any other PostScript file in your
Tex document.

The details of how to export a Mathematica graphic as an eps
file will vary depending exactly which version of Mathematica
you are using. Consult the Mathematica User's Guide for your
version of Mathematica for more details.

I hope this helps.

--Ian

Ian Collier
Technical Sales Support