How to plot solutions to conics and elliptics?

    Hello. I was wondering how one plots the solutions to equations

 such as x^3 - y^2 -1 = 0 using Mathematica. It seems to be related to

 the ContourPlot function, but this gives me solid objects, not the solution

 set . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

 Brian Clever.