Re: How to get labels correctly plotted

  • Subject: [mg2772] Re: How to get labels correctly plotted
  • From: ianc (Ian Collier)
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 1995 19:08:42 -0500
  • Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup

In article <4aoh47$muv at>, forest at (Chris E.
Forest) wrote:

> I'm switching over to a Mac version of Mma and find that
> the FrameLabels are not printing correctly. They don't
> rotate the characters correctly.  Anyone know how to
>  correct this?  either a postscript hack or in Mma?
> Thanks for any help.
> Also, there was a thread once on how to conserve memory when
> doing lots of calcs. Can someone point to an archive or
> send me a summary of that?  Thanks.
> email is preferred.
> --
> Chris E. Forest
> forest at

This is a limitation of the PostScript interpreter that renders
Mathematica graphics to the screen on the Macintosh.

When you print the graphics then the characters will be rotated

Postings to comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica are archived at:

I hope this helps.

Ian Collier
Technical Sales Support
Wolfram Research, Inc.
tel:(217)-398-0700     fax:(217)-398-0747      ianc at
Wolfram Research Home Page: