MathHDF under Windows?

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg410] MathHDF under Windows?
  • From: msreeve at netcom.com (Mark D. Reeve)
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 1995 19:38:39 -0800

Hello, Everyone!

Has anyone out there been able to get the MathHDF package on
MathSource working under Windows?  MathHDF is a MathLink
application to read and write simple HDF files from MMA.
I've been trying to compile and link it for Windows using
Borland C++ 4.5 with no luck whatsoever.  I got HDF to compile
all right, but haven't been able to successfully link it
with mathhdf.c and mathhdf.tm.  I'm using HDF 3.3r4 which is a
later release than mathhdf originally supported, but I believe
the calls mathhdf uses have not been changed since version 3.2.

I'd be very grateful to hear of any successes or commiserative
failures in this regard by other MathGroupers.

Mark Reeve