Re: stat package

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg1684] Re: stat package
  • From: forest at ananke.MIT.EDU (Chris E. Forest)
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 1995 00:54:19 -0400

> In article <3t5f57$8i5 at>,
>    "Aleph. N. S" <Shanks at> wrote:
> ->I am unable to use any of the stat packages.  I load the packages
> ->propperly with Needs, and if i query the system with
> ->
> ->? NormalDistribution
> ->
> ->I get a description of the normal distribution function that is part
> ->the package "ContiniousDistributions"
> ->
> ->All seems fine, untill I try to get a number from NormalDistribution.
> ->
> ->The finction returns itself, like there is no functional definition.
> ->

Perhaps you want to generate a random number from this distribution?
Random[ NormalDistribution[ 0., 1. ] ]
will do that.
Else, you'll have to be more clear about what you want to do.

The "Guide to Standard Mma Packages" is helpful on how to use the discrete
and continuous distributions.

Best o'luck.
Chris E. Forest
forest at