Re: Printing Problem

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg1631] Re: Printing Problem
  • From: Randy Thomas <thomassr at citi2.fr>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jul 1995 01:13:07 -0400

wiestt at rl.af.mil (Todd E. Wiest) wrote:

>Fellow Mma Users,
>
>I'm hoping that one of you in great, wide Usenet News land can help me out....
>
>I'm using Mma 2.2.2 for the Mac (System 7.5) and I have found that when I
>print selections of my notebook (graphics and output from print statements),
>the pages spool as they are supposed to, however, when I return to Mma, the
>zoom size for the notebook is <Other>.  When I reset this to <100%>, all of
>the graphics are gone -- only empty cells remain and the pictures have been
>zapped into electron h*ll!!!  The biggest problem results since no graphics
>will be displayed once this has occurred.  The only way to reset the
>graphics plotting is to close the notebook and start over.  I am doing
>repetative simulations with a code I have written, and I would prefer to
>continue the simulations without restarting the notebook.  (Yes, I do need
>the print outs!!)

I had the same problem, also using Mma 2.2.2, Sys7.5 on a PowerMac8100/110.
Things have now mysteriously straightened out, but the problem occasionally
recurs. I suspect some changes I made to printing options eliminated the
problem, but unfortunately I didn't keep track. In any case, it is apparently
NOT a real bug, but only a question of configurating the printing options.

It would be nice if somebody knows how to fix it for good.

Sorry not to be more help.