Problems with NIntegrate

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg1645] Problems with NIntegrate
  • From: Ian.Barringer at (Drib)
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jul 1995 04:25:31 -0400

	I have come up against a problem in Mathematica I hope someone
	in this group may be able to explain to me.
	I have defined a function as follows;
	which I wish to integrate numerically. This I can do with
	integer values of p:
	= 5.69279
	However, if I set p as a real value, such as:
	I get an inexact arithmetic error, and no answer.

	Does anybody know why this is happening, and if it's possible
	to repair ?
	If the problem was caused by the singularity a x=p then surely
	this would effect both integer and real values of p.
	I have consulted the manual, but if the answer is in there I can't
	find it !

	Any help would be gratefully received.

	Thanks in advance Ian.

If you are not entirely satisfied with the contents of this mail,
please return the complete item to the above address, stating when
and where it was received, and I will be delighted to send you a
                              new one.