Re: MathLink documentation

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg1647] Re: [mg1603] MathLink documentation
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jul 1995 04:45:32 -0400

> I need to put some code into C or Fortran, and call it from
> Mathematica using MathLink.  I would appreciate learning where
> to look for documentation on using MathLink, whether it can
> accept Fortran, and while I'm at this what is a good beginner's
> book on C that is advanced enough to help me use MathLink.
>
> Thanks, Ron Elsner

FTP to mathsource.wri.com and change into the directory
/pub/Enhancements/MathLink/0206-693.  In that directory is the
MathLink Tutorial, written by Todd Gayley, which is an excellent
primer for MathLink.  It comes in both notebook and PostScript
format, so you can obtain whichever is more convenient for you.

Sorry...I don't really know a good C book (I hated all of the ones
I learned C from).  Hopefully, someone else has some suggestions.
However, just so you know, almost any bookstore will be packed
with books on C; there is plenty of variety out there.

John Fultz
Wolfram Research, Inc.