counting number of rules in rule base
- To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
- Subject: [mg1540] counting number of rules in rule base
- From: gaylord at uiuc.edu (richard j. gaylord)
- Date: Sat, 24 Jun 1995 02:27:24 -0400
- Organization: university of illinois
i am creating a large number of rewrite rules of the form symb[arg] = rhs these rules are being generated automatically and i don't know how many rules are created [in the case i'm dealing with it, its over 500]. without doing ?symb and then counting the number of rules that come up on my monitor screen [i keep losing count around 125 or so], how can i ask Mathematica for the number of rules associated with symb? thanks. -richard- -- "if you're not programming functionally, then you're programming dysfunctionally"