Fonts for math eqns in Davis,Porta&Uhl

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg587] Fonts for math eqns in Davis,Porta&Uhl
  • From: "Ronald D. Notestine" <ronald at sccs.chukyo-u.ac.jp>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 95 19:13:27 +0900

 Does anybody know what fonts are used to express math expressions
in the notebooks for Calculus & Mathematica by Davis, Porta & Uhl.

  There are many such math expressions within text cells of
the Calculus&MMA notebooks. However,
these use a font which I apparently do not have resulting in
meaningless strings of characters.  I have tried on a Mac 660av
running KanjiTalk 7.1, and a IIfx running English system 7.1.
I received only the disks, with no separate documentation, and
no fonts I have tried make sense of what are clearly supposed
to be mathematical expressions.

Thanks for any help.
Regards, Ron Notestine, Chukyo University,
              Nagoya, Japan