FileNames[] with distant kernel

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg505] FileNames[] with distant kernel
  • From: wmm at (Martin McClain)
  • Date: Sat, 4 Mar 95 11:31:51 EST

How do you make a distant kernel search for a filename on a local front end

I have figured out how to make FileNames work on the PowerMac 6100 on my
own desk, running Mma  Now I need it to work on a system where the
front end (Mac) and kernel (SPARC) are on different machines.  I want to
find the full path names to certain data files that exist on the top level
(i.e., directory of the System disk) of the little local Macs.

Thanks for any help, or for any pointers to where this problem is
discussed-  Martin McClain