Pattern Matcher

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg535] Pattern Matcher
  • From: "Sergei A. Klioner" <klioner at ipa.rssi.ru>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 1995 19:50:31 +0300

Dear Colleague,

I cannot send e-mail message to the yoda machine. That is why
I am writing to this address. I would like to ask you to
subscribe me (klioner at ipa.rssi.ru) to the MathGroup.
Please find below my first message.

Hi!

Does anyone know how Mathematica's pattern matcher works if
expressions to be matched and/or pattern involve functions
having attribute Orderless? Does it simply try all cases one by one?
Or maybe it makes something more intellectual? Any references?

Regards,
Sergei Klioner
Senior Scientist
Intitute of Apllied Astronomy,