badly conditioned matrices

  • To: MATHGROUP at
  • Subject: [mg1197] badly conditioned matrices
  • From: chen_f at
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 1995 01:47:29 -0400

Hello Group,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to condition a matrix
m for the problem m.x=v (find x) if it contains large numbers and
is itself very large (40 by 40 and higher). Any helpful suggestions
would be greatly appreciated, as I have been encountering "badly
conditioned matrix" messages fairly often.  Thanks.