Re: numerical roots of a polynomial
- To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
- Subject: [mg1198] Re: numerical roots of a polynomial
- From: Fergal Shevlin <fshevlin at maths.tcd.ie>
- Date: Tue, 23 May 1995 01:57:31 -0400
- Organization: Dept. of Maths, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland.
Sigurd.Schelstraete at rug.ac.be (Sigurd Schelstraete) writes: >does anyone know if there exists a package/function that allows one to find >(numerically) all n roots of a polynomial of degree n, whether they are Hello, On a similar note - I'm trying to use mathematica to find roots of a quadratic polynomial in four vairables. The results I get are fairly unintelligible. Any suggestions? Any help appreciated, Fergal. -- ==================================================================== Fergal Shevlin E-mail: Fergal.Shevlin at cs.tcd.ie Dept. of Computer Science Phone: +353-1-7021209 Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland. Fax: +353-1-6772204