Re: triangular phase diagram

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg1203] Re: [mg1176] triangular phase diagram
  • From: twj (Tom Wickham-Jones)
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 1995 02:47:36 -0400

>I've heard about mathematica. I am working in chemistry

>and I would like to know if I can draw some triangular
>phase diagram with mathematica:
>example:
>              /\
>             /| \
>            /2|  \
>           /_/ 1  \
>          /  ____  \
>         /  /  2 \  \

>        /__/______\__\
>       B              C
>
>this is a kind of binary diagram extended to the

>concept of ternary diagram.

I wrote a package ComponentPlot.m that can make pictures like this.
It is part of the ExtendGraphics set of packages that are available

from MathSource (item number 0205-041).   I wrote it as a programming
example of defining a new graphics object and its construction and
use are described in my book Mathematica Graphics, Techniques and
Applications published by TELOS/Springer-Verlag.

Tom Wickham-Jones
WRI