Re: Declaring Variables as Real?
- To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
- Subject: [mg1218] Re: Declaring Variables as Real?
- From: RTighe at slac.stanford.edu (Richard Tighe)
- Date: Fri, 26 May 1995 01:49:52 -0400
- Organization: Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
In article <3prrks$533 at news0.cybernetics.net>, Lincoln Grimes <lsgrimes at linus.mitre.org> wrote: > I am evaluating some complex expressions with mma, and I want to be > able to declare a variable as being real. I can do so for a single > expression with Complex Expand having no second argument, but I want to be able > to declare a variable as real for my entire notebook,so commands like > Real and ComplexToTrig don't consider an imaginary part to my variables. Is > this possible? Thanks. > > Lincoln Grimes > The Mitre Corp. > lsgrimes at linus.mitre.org Use Im[var]^=0; In:= Re[x+I] Out= Re[x] In:= Im[y]^=0; In:= Re[y+I] Out= y Richard Tighe SLAC