Re: using Math Link w/FORTRAN

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg2383] Re: using Math Link w/FORTRAN
  • From: ianc (Ian Collier)
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 1995 23:22:27 -0500

In article <471hhl$gb3 at ralph.vnet.net>, pbecker at gravity.science.gmu.edu
(peter becker) wrote:

> Hello-
>
> Perhaps this is a stupid question, but is there any way to
> use Math Link with a FORTRAN application on the Macintosh
> (system 7.1)?  In particular, I want to make plots within
> Mathematica using data computed externally by a FORTRAN
> application.  This involves passing parameters out to the
> FORTRAN code, and data back into Mathematica.  Any help
> would be most appreciated...
>
> Pete Becker
>
> pbecker at hubble.gmu.edu
>
> George Mason University
> Department of Physics and Astronomy
>
> 1-703-993-3619

The MathLink libraries are written in C, and you will need some
a small C program to interface between Mathematica and your
FORTRAN code.

You might also want to look at Intercall, a Mathematica package
that provides, amongst other things, easy access to all the
routines in the IMSL and NAG subroutine libraries, and interactive
access to any other library or user-written code.

For more information point your Web browser to the following URL:

http://www.wri.com/mathematica/applications/appintercall.html

or contact:

  Analytica                Email: analytic at earwax.pd.uwa.oz.au
  PO Box 522               Phone: +61 9 386 5666
  Nedlands, WA 6009        Fax  : +61 9 386 5666
  Australia.

I hope this helps.

--Ian

Ian Collier