Re: Mac Mma and graphics conversion to Adobe Illustrator

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg2384] Re: Mac Mma and graphics conversion to Adobe Illustrator
  • From: ianc (Ian Collier)
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 1995 23:22:37 -0500

In article <471h8k$gb3 at>, mshann at
(Ray Hann) wrote:

> I read that there is a command in Mma for Mac called AIExport[...].
> My version of Mma 2.2.2 doesn't seem to have this. Should it?
> Ray

Exporting Mathematica graphics in Adobe Illustrator format is
a fronte end not a kernel feature.

To export a Mathematica graphic in Adobe Illustrator format from
the Macintosh Notebook Front End:

    o   Select the graphic by clicking on it then copy it to the
        clipboard by typing command-C (or by selecting "Copy"
        from the Edit menu).

    o   Then select "Convert Clipboard" from the Edit menu.

    o   In the resulting dialog choose the file format
        "Adobe Illustrator 1.1 in this case) and click on
        "Save in File".

    o   You will be prompted for a file name and location.

For further details refer to the Mathematica User's Guide for
the Macintosh.

If you have further difficulties with this I would suggest
that you contact Wolfram Research Technical Support
directly (support at

I hope this helps.

Ian Collier
Technical Sales Support
Wolfram Research, Inc.
tel:(217)-398-0700     fax:(217)-398-0747      ianc at
Wolfram Research Home Page: